Updated Feb 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This cranberry smoothie is sweet, tart, deliciously creamy, and loaded with antioxidants from one of winter’s favorite fruits.
Whether you’re flooded with leftover cranberries from making a holiday cranberry sauce, or simply just like their flavor, you’ll want to make this cranberry smoothie recipe.
It’s got that cranberry-orange pairing we all love (like my cranberry-orange muffins), with added sweetness from bananas and creaminess from your milk of choice. Plus, it’s the perfect refreshment to enjoy in January when you’re getting back into a healthy kick.
Cranberry Smoothie Ingredients
Just four ingredients are needed for this. Simple is best!
- Milk: Choose whichever type of milk you prefer, whether it’s dairy or dairy-free! I personally love to use almond milk or cashew milk.
- Cranberries: Both fresh or frozen cranberries work great in this recipe. Frozen cranberries will make for thicker, more slushy smoothie.
- Banana: While you can use a fresh banana, a frozen one will help thicken the smoothie. And if you need some guidance, here’s my post on how to freeze bananas.
- Orange: I’m using a navel orange, but you could use any variety.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below
How To Make a Cranberry Smoothie
Take the lid off your high-powered blender, toss in all the ingredients, and blend away! And if you find the smoothie too thin or tart, I’ve got a few tips below to help counter those issues.
Helpful tip: If you want the smoothie thicker, substitute half the milk for yogurt (it can be plain or Greek yogurt). If you want the cranberry smoothie a bit sweeter, add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey.
More Smoothie Recipes
When you’re in smoothie mood, peruse my list of smoothie recipes! But here are a few of my favorites I have a feeling you’ll love.
- Best Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
Keep this smoothie recipe on hand when you’ve got leftover cranberries! Once you make it, let me know how it turned out in a comment below.
- 1 cup milk (dairy or dairy-free)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 orange, peeled
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- For a creamier texture, substitute half of the milk for yogurt.
- Cranberries are naturally a bit tart. If you’d like to sweeten it up, feel free to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.