Chicken and Black Bean Wrap
This healthy chicken and black bean wrap is layered with shredded chicken, black beans, red onions, kale, crispy bacon and green hummus. Meal prep a few of these ingredients ahead of time and wrap everything together for a fast and easy, protein-filled lunch or dinner.
When you don’t know what to eat, you can never go wrong with a solid chicken wrap. It’s healthy, easy to make, and customizable. Whether you fill it with loads of fresh veggies or more hearty protein options, the variations are endless!
For this recipe, I’m creating a Cali-Mexican inspired chicken and black bean wrap filled with fresh ingredients and my tasty green goddess hummus.
How To Make A Chicken and Black Bean Wrap
- Prep the Green Hummus. This homemade green hummus is made from a blend of chickpeas, fresh herbs, green onion, and garlic. For variety, you could use any of my hummus recipes listed below.
- Shred the chicken. Simply follow my quick how-to and you’ll have shredded chicken in no time. Set this aside.
- Shred some kale leaves and set aside.
- Wash the black beans and set aside.
- Slice the red onions and set aside.
- Make the tortilla. I’ve made my delicious cassava flour tortilla for this recipe, but feel free to use any tortilla of your choice.
- Wrap it together. Spread the hummus first on top of the tortilla, then layer on the kale, black beans, red onions, and chicken.
Chicken Wrap Tips
- Don’t bulk it up. It’s easy to do, but depending on the size of your tortilla you may not be able to wrap it up it if you fill it too full.
- Tie it with a string to keep the wrap together. This is great if you’re prepping these for lunch on the go.
Chicken Wrap Variations
- Switch up the spread. You can try adding my roasted cauliflower hummus, roasted beet hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, classic hummus, or guacamole.
- Add more veggies! Sliced bell peppers and cucumbers work great in wraps, just remember to slice them as thin as possible to make sure you get a little crunch in every bite. You can also add shredded coleslaw for a richer flavor.
- Change the protein. If you’re tired of chicken, pulled pork or roasted sweet potatoes make for delicious and hearty alternatives.
- Add some herbs. Chop up some more cilantro, basil, or mint to give it a fresh taste.
More Recipes to Make with Tortillas
If you’ve got leftover cassava flour tortillas, here’s a few other tasty recipes to try:
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Carrot Slaw
- Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro, Lime, Bacon Slaw
- Chicken and Avocado Burritos
- Herbed Chevre, Spinach and Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
- Steak Fajitas
- Herbed Cassava Tortilla Chips
Chicken and Black Bean Wrap
- Lay the tortilla flat on a plate.
- Spread half of the green hummus onto each tortilla.
- On top of the hummus layer some kale, shredded chicken, black beans, bacon and red onion.
- Wrap the tortilla up and enjoy. If you'd like to save it for later, tie a string around it to hold it together. It will last in the fridge for up to a day in a sealed container.