30+ Best Egg Recipes
Here are 30+ best egg recipes that prove eggs can truly do it all! From breakfast to dinner, I’ll show you how different cooking methods can create easy, unique, and flavorful meals. And with a few extra tips – you’ll soon be an egg pro!
Health Benefits Of Eggs
Eggs are truly one of the best ingredients in the kitchen! They’re easy to cook with, light on the wallet, and versatile in the sense that they can be scrambled, fried, poached, and more. Best of all, they’re chock full of health benefits. Here’s just a few positive things to note.
- They’re a protein powerhouse! Did you know there are 6 grams of protein in just one egg? It’s no wonder why we love eggs as a mighty source of nutrition! Especially since it’s an economical one to boot.
- They’re nutrient rich. Eggs are hands down one of the most nutritious foods loaded with minerals, amino acids, and vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and all sorts of Vitamin B’s.
- They help with good cholesterol. While eggs are high in cholesterol, it helps to raise the level of HDL cholesterol instead of LDL cholesterol. Meaning it won’t have as much of an effect on your blood cholesterol as you think.
- The perfect source of Omega-3’s: Last but not least, eggs have a high supply of omega-3 fatty acids in the form of DHA. This is a great option for people who don’t consume fish on a weekly basis.
Pro Tip: When shopping for eggs, the ideal choice is organic, pastured, USDA A or AA eggs. This will be important to look out for especially if you’re using raw eggs in recipes such as hollandaise sauce.
The Basics: Poached & Boiled Eggs
Let’s start with two basics you should know how to master: poached and boiled eggs! Poached eggs are one of the best ingredients to top onto any meal, whether it be a veggie filled grain bowl or your classic eggs Benedict. And the same goes for boiled eggs – especially for the perfect platter of deviled eggs.
- How To Poach An Egg Perfectly: If you’ve never poached an egg before you must read this post. I’ll show you all my tips and tricks to create perfectly poached eggs!
- How to Boil Eggs: For all my egg lovers, mastering jammy soft-boiled and creamy hard-boiled eggs is a must.
- Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs: The hunt for easy peel hard boiled eggs stops here with my step-by-step tutorial!
The Best Deviled Eggs
Nothing beats a beautiful platter of deviled eggs for all your festivities. They’re easy to make with just a handful of ingredients and can be spruced up with exciting flavors, textures, and colors. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you can make a deviled eggs appetizer for it.
- Classic Deviled Eggs: These classic deviled eggs with a sprinkle of paprika will always be the number one recipe everyone loves.
- Spicy Deviled Eggs: If you like a little heat, these deviled eggs have a splash of sriracha and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs: This version is filled with fresh herbs, salty smoked salmon and capers for such palate-pleasing flavors!
- Bacon Deviled Eggs: Because crispy bacon makes everything taste better, especially on deviled eggs.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs: Think of this as a blend between my classic deviled eggs + best ever guacamole. It’s a fresh and vibrant spin!
Creamy & Flavorful Egg Salad Recipes
A fresh mix of homemade egg salad is about as easy and comforting as they come. You can wrap it with butter lettuce leaves, slather it in a sandwich, or eat it by the spoonful (which is honestly my favorite way). Either way, this recipe starts with making the perfect batch of hard boiled eggs. Good news – I already showed you how to make them above!
- Classic Egg Salad: This classic version is made from a blend of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion and fresh herbs. It never fails!
- Curried Egg Salad: If warm curry spices are your jam, you’ll love this flavorful, spiced spin. Plus, there’s sneaky grated carrots in there for an extra dose of veggies and crunch.
- Avocado Egg Salad: Creamy avocado mixed into an egg salad – a true California take on a classic!
Classic Egg Recipes For Breakfast
Whether it’s for the brunch crowd or breakfast for two, these delicious meals will always have a special place on your table. Serve them up with mugs of hot coffee or fresh squeezed orange juice for a classic breakfast experience!
- Easy Breakfast Tacos: Enjoy the classic scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and avocado combo in taco form! They’re easy to make and look extra fancy on a plate.
- Healthy Eggs Benedict: This is brunch food at its best. But don’t worry, I’ll show you how to master creamy, homemade hollandaise sauce!
- Loaded Breakfast Casserole: While this one always receives a little extra love during the holidays, it’s honestly perfect for any time of the year. Plus, you can meal prep it!
- Huevos Rancheros: If you love a Mexican flair to your breakfast (like me), these Huevos Rancheros are perfect! Just top a sunny side up egg on a fried tortilla, with some fresh salsa, beans, avocado, and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: What’s breakfast without a hash? I’ve put a delicious, healthy twist to this hash with roasted sweet potatoes and loads of kale.
Quick And Easy Egg Recipes
These recipes are a cinch to make with just a handful of other ingredients! Plus, they’re new and fun ways to enjoy fried and poached eggs.
- Easy Oatmeal Recipe: Aside from your typical sweet toppings, don’t forget about savory oatmeal combos! Top your bowl with a fried or boiled egg and some garlic sautéed spinach.
- Spicy Pulled Pork Fried Eggs: If you’ve made a batch of my slow cooker pulled pork, it makes for one tasty pairing with fried eggs.
- Asparagus with Poached Egg and Prosciutto: Come spring, asparagus and prosciutto make for a delicious combo with poached eggs.
- Sweet Potato Toast with Smoked Salmon and Poached Egg: Just layer some sweet potato toast with smoked salmon, avocado slices, and a poached egg!
All Sorts Of Baked Egg Recipes
The beauty of baked eggs is that the oven does all the work for you! The only “hard” part really is deciding what flavors you want to add to the eggs. And that’s not so hard, considering you can choose from all sorts of veggies, savory meats, and more – just have fun with it!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins (3 Ways): These mini, on-the-go muffins are perfect to customize with your favorite mix-ins.
- Kale and Butternut Squash Frittata: This wintery frittata is filled with butternut squash, kale, onion, garlic, and creamy goat cheese.
- Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins: Once zucchini season hits, these egg muffins are a must!
- Smoked Salmon Frittata: If you love smoked salmon, this frittata will sure get you excited.
- Baked Eggs In Avocado: An easy and delicious way to enjoy two favorites: eggs and avocado!
Shakshuka: The Best Egg Recipe
This one-pan, Middle Eastern dish continues to be a fan favorite. Why? It’s easy to make, loaded with healthy goodness, and can be made with all of your favorite vegetables. Here’s a few ways to do it.
- Shakshuka: This is the classic version that’s a savory, simmering blend of tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and poached eggs.
- Green Shakshuka: For a green, nutrient-dense spin, pack your base with spinach, shaved Brussels sprouts, and zucchini!
- Orange Shakshuka: This warm mix of butternut squash, onion, orange bell pepper, vegetable broth, garlic, spices and herbs is perfect for cozying up during the fall and winter months.
Filling Egg Recipes For Dinner
As I always say, healthy food can be enjoyed any time of the day! So here’s a few fun and satiating ways to incorporate eggs into your dinner routine.
- Cobb Salad: It’s not a hearty Cobb salad without perfectly boiled eggs!
- Turkey Cranberry Hash: Whether it’s Thanksgiving or simply another day of the week, this sweet and savory hash tastes amazing topped with a poached egg.
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg Nests: Looking for a new and fun way to enjoy sweet potatoes for dinner? Make these spiralized sweet potato egg nests!
- Turkey Cobb Salad: This is one dinner-worthy salad filled with roasted turkey, butternut squash, bacon, cranberries, and pecans.
If you make any of these vegetarian recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
30+ Best Egg Recipes
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely diced
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise, then remove the yolk with a spoon to a small bowl. Place the egg whites on a separate plate.
- With a fork, mash the yolks. Then add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, salt and pepper, and stir everything together until creamy.
- Scoop a portion of the mixture with a spoon into the hole of each egg white.
- Sprinkle on crispy bacon bits and chives and serve!