Cucumber Radish Salad
Updated Jun 19, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This refreshing cucumber radish salad is just what you need on a hot summer day. It’s loaded with cool cucumbers, crisp radishes, fresh dill, and a simple olive oil lemon dressing for a fresh, tangy touch.
Cucumber salads are my jam during the peak of summer. I often whip up my classic cucumber salad with English cucumbers and red onion, but this Persian cucumber and radish version is fun with those vibrant discs of red. Plus, Persian cucumbers (which are the same width as the radishes) keep everything perfectly bite-sized!
Serve this up as a beautiful (yet so easy to make) summer side dish, or even as a cooling snack to munch on. There’s no right or wrong way to eat this salad, but I’ve got a few more delicious ideas for you below!
What’s In This Cucumber Radish Salad
This cucumber radish salad uses minimal ingredients, is quick to make, and is as garden-fresh as can be! Here’s what what’s in it.
- Cucumber: Use mini or Persian cucumbers for this recipe rather than English cucumbers. That way the cucumber slices are small, thin, and about the same size as the radishes.
- Radish: Just one bunch (about 8 radishes) is needed to balance the cucumber.
- Green Onion: Works well with the rest of the crisp textures and fresh flavors. But feel free to swap in shallot or red onion as well.
- Dill: I love how dill tastes in this recipe. But if you’re not a fan, you can also use fresh parsley.
- Olive Oil & Lemon Juice: A simple tangy dressing to gently coat the salad.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Cucumber Radish Salad
The key to this salad is the uniformly sliced pieces. You want both the cucumber and radish slices to be as thin as possible, so a mandoline is definitely your friend here! But if you don’t have a mandoline, a sharp knife will do.
- Step 1: Slice it up. Thinly slice the radishes and cucumber.
- Step 2: Make the dressing. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3: Mix it all together. In a medium bowl, add the cucumber, radishes, green onion, dill, and dressing. Then stir everything together.
- Step 4: Time to serve. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and top it off with freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
Ways To Serve This Cucumber Radish Salad
It’s easy to treat this salad just as a side dish. But with how fresh and light it is, there’s always room for creativity!
- A simple, cooling side dish. To keep things light and fresh, I love to pair this salad with a few seafood favorites such as baked salmon, baked cod, baked tuna meatballs, or garlic butter shrimp. But really, it works as a delicious side for any main entree you make.
- An easy and healthy snack. It’s not your typical healthy snack, but think of it as eating a bowl of fresh berries. It’s refreshing, low in calories, and bonus – it gives you a higher dose of veggies throughout the day.
- Turn this into an easy breakfast. Top this salad with a fried or poached egg, or layer it onto your morning avocado toast!
Make-Ahead And Storage Tips
Make ahead tip: Because the cucumbers and radishes are so thin, they will quickly absorb the moisture from the dressing and soften. To avoid a slightly soggy salad add the dressing 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Storage tip: If you’ve got leftovers, not to worry. The salad will still keep for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. A little bit of liquid may pool in the bottom of the container, but just drain that off.
More Easy, Summer Salads
Summer always calls for a fresh, easy salad recipe on the table. So give one of these reader favorite salads a try next!
- Greek Salad
- Israeli Salad
- Lentil Salad With Cucumber
- Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Have leftover radishes? Make my roasted radish salad next!
If you make this cucumber radish salad, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Cucumber Radish Salad
- 4 mini or Persian cucumbers
- 8 radishes (one bunch)
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the radishes and cucumber with a knife or mandoline. I prefer a mandoline as it's super fast and keeps the slices uniform in thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cucumber, radishes, green onion, dill, and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle a little extra salt and pepper, if you'd like.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.