20+ Healthy Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
These Whole30 breakfast recipes are hearty, nourishing, and delicious enough to eat past your 30 days on the program. You’ll learn new ways to cook your eggs, how to sneak in more veggies, and discover protein alternatives. Trust me, these recipes will have you looking forward to your new morning routine!
What Is Whole30?
I’m sure you’ve heard about Whole30, or read it somewhere online. But, if you’re still not sure what it is or why people do it – here’s a quick run down. Whole30 is a program that helps you find the ingredients that trigger your body in a negative way, whether it be inflammatory or autoimmune related.
All you need to do is stay away from grains, legumes (lentils, beans, etc.) soy, dairy, added sugars, and processed foods. Oh, and no alcohol either for 30 days. Then you can slowly reintroduce each food back into your diet week by week to identify any side effects.
So when it comes to breakfast, it might seem a little intimidating given that chia pudding and paleo pancakes have been go-to recipes. But don’t worry. I’m going to show you just how easy it is to switch up your breakfast routine with the recipes below. They’re veggie-packed, nutrient dense, and just might convince you that Whole30 is much easier than you realize.
Hearty And Healthy Egg Recipes
Eggs are going to be your new best friend. So now’s the time to have some fun and experiment the many different ways eggs can be cooked. From hashes to muffins, these healthy breakfast ideas make a great starting point.
- Healthy Eggs Benedict
- Breakfast Egg Muffins (3 Ways)
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Green Shakshuka
- Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- Zucchini And Prosciutto Egg Muffins
- Classic Egg Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Spicy Pulled Pork Fried Eggs
- Asparagus With Poached Eggs And Prosciutto
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg Nests
- Baked Eggs in Avocado
- Sweet Potato Toast With Avocado, Cucumber, Smoked Salmon, And Poached Egg
- Sweet Potato Toast With Avocado, Spinach, Prosciutto, And Poached Egg
More Veggies For Breakfast
Here at Downshiftology, we believe that any meal can be eaten for breakfast. Whether it be salads or dinner recipes – food is food. Plus, it’s never a bad idea to incorporate more veggies and protein to fuel your mornings! Here’s a few ideas to whip up a not-so-typical breakfast meal.
- Green Shakshuka
- Kale And Butternut Squash Frittata
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Arugula, Asparagus, And Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Orange, Fennel, And Avocado Salad
- Tuna Stuffed Avocados
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, And Arugula Salad
- Shrimp, Asparagus, And Avocado Salad
Whole30 Approved Drinks
While Whole30 can limit you when it comes to drinks, there’s still a delicious selection to choose from. So don’t think you’re limited to just plain water or unsweetened tea.
Smoothies, coffee, coconut water, teas and more are all good to go – just remember to avoid added sugars and non-compliant creamers for each. Here’s a few options to get you going.
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
- Agua Fresca
- Jamu Juice
- Green Smoothie
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Oat Milk
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Hemp Milk
- Chai Spiced Coconut Milk
What are your favorite Whole30 breakfast recipes? Share them in the comments below! And if you’d like some inspiration for dinners, make sure to check out these Whole30 Dinner Recipes and Whole30 Lunch Ideas.
Whole30 Breakfast Recipes: Green Shakshuka
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 9 ounces brussels sprouts, shaved or finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, for garnish
- Add the shaved brussels sprouts and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. When the brussels sprouts have softened, add the zucchini and spices and stir for another minute.
- Add the baby spinach and stir until it just starts to wilt, then turn the heat to low.
- Flatten the mixture with a spatula and create 5 small wells, then crack the eggs into each well.
- Cook until the eggs are done to your liking. You can also add a lid to steam and cook the eggs faster.
- Sprinkle the fresh cilantro on top and garnish with sliced avocado.