30+ Avocado Recipes to Enjoy
Jan 31, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Make the most of creamy, healthy, delicious avocados with these amazing (yet simple) avocado recipes! Whether your avocados are fresh or close to browning, this list will walk you through fresh salad ideas, easy avocado appetizers, and numerous ways to top avocado on your favorite dinners.
Why My Love For Avocados Runs Deep
“I love avocados” is an understatement, because I add them to (almost) everything! A fresh batch of guacamole is a given, but they’re great in a variety of meals from breakfast to dinner, and even dessert. Yes, they’re that versatile! It doesn’t stop there though – here’s a few key reasons why avocados are simply one of the best fruits ever.
- They add a buttery, earthy element to meals. Cubed and sliced avocados are delicious additions to things like soups, salads, bowls, or any breakfast plate. But they’re also a great dairy-free alternative when you need something creamy and blended.
- A shining anti-inflammatory ingredient. Given how rich they are in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, avocados have become one of my regular anti-inflammatory foods!
- They’re a nutritional powerhouse. Even better, they’re a powerful source of nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats. A serious win all around if you want to give your diet a healthy kick.
All The Avocado Salads You Can Imagine
Avocado’s mild flavor and creaminess makes it a refreshing addition to salads – sweet or savory. Plus, it adds a beautiful green layer and a healthy boost to an already nutritious meal. Can’t beat that combo!
- Tomato Avocado Salad: This simple salad puts avocados at the forefront! Slices of avocado are layered with on-the-vine tomatoes, punchy onions, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and freshly chopped parsley.
- Salmon Avocado Salad: A hearty, filling salad that’s also big on nutrients and proteins? Count me in! Just give your salmon filet a quick sear in a pan, then add it to be a bed of leafy greens, chopped veggies, and of course avocado slices.
- Mandarin Chicken Salad: A sweet, savory, and super refreshing salad that you can enjoy all season long. Or whenever mandarins are at their prime for you.
- Shrimp, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad: Come spring, this shrimp, asparagus, and avocado combo is a perennial winner.
- Greek Chicken Salad: When you’re craving classic greek salad flavors, but need something a bit more filling – this salad is it. All it needs is some juicy baked chicken slices and a spoonful of diced avocado.
- Cobb Salad: This quintessential American salad always has bits of avocado in it – and for good reason!
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, and Arugula Salad: If you love smoked salmon as much as I do, this salad ought to be on your summer list. Plus, it’s simple yet gorgeous enough to serve for a crowd.
- Orange, Fennel, and Avocado Salad: Although this is a simple one, each bite is pretty mind blowing. You’ll get juicy citrus notes, crisp fennel, and creamy avocado.
- Taco Salad: Whenever there are tacos involved (even in salad form), avocados are kind of an essential!
Tasty Avocado Dips & Small Bites
A hefty bowl of fresh guacamole will forever be an all-time favorite. But have you tried diced avocado in a ceviche or mashed in deviled eggs? Let me tell ya, you’re in for a treat with these creative small bites!
- Mango Halibut Ceviche: Whenever you can get your hands on halibut, this sweet, citrusy, and chunky ceviche is a summer must!
- Best Ever Guacamole: I’m not joking when I say this is the best guacamole ever. Plus, it’s super easy to make with a handful of wholesome ingredients.
- Avocado Salsa: Think of this as a blend between a classic red salsa and guacamole! Perfectly chunky, super fresh, and perfect for scooping with tortilla chips.
- Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes: No matter what kind of crowd you’re serving, these mini stuffed tomatoes will be a hit.
- BLT Guacamole: Everything is better with crispy bacon bits right? And when you mix it into creamy guacamole, it’ll be hard to stop at one bite.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs: Sure, classic deviled eggs are great. But this avocado version is even better with pops of lime and cilantro!
- Pomegranate Guacamole: When pomegranate season hits, this festive guacamole is a no brainer.
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, and Cucumber Bites: Layers of smoked salmon, mashed avocado, and crisp cucumber makes for one refreshing appetizer!
Everyday, Simple Avocado Recipes
Since avocados need to be used fresh, they’re a quick ingredient to add in these speedy avocado recipes. Slice them in half to use as a base for creamy salads, or blend them with cacao to make a luscious pudding. The options are endless!
- Tuna Stuffed Avocados: When you need a light and healthy lunch idea – stuffed avocados are a winner! I’m using a batch of my tuna salad for this recipe, but this chicken salad also works.
- Pico De Gallo Stuffed Avocados: If you’ve got leftover pico de gallo, add a spoonful of it in avocado halves for ultimate Tex-Mex flavors!
- Avocado Egg Salad: A classic egg salad gets a super healthy green twist with avocados!
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding: Avocado, cacao powder, coconut milk, and a splash of vanilla blends up into this decadent chocolate pudding – that’s also good for you. Who doesn’t love that?
- Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Sauce: For all my spiralizer friends, you’ll love this easy carrot and zucchini dish tossed in a homemade avocado dressing.
Breakfast Avocado Recipes
There’s always room for avocados at breakfast, am I right? I enjoy them simply sliced on the side with crisp fried eggs, microgreens, and blistered tomatoes. But here’s a few other ways to give your breakfast some avocado oopmh.
- Easy Breakfast Tacos: Switch up your scrambled egg routine with these breakfast tacos! A sprinkle of diced avocados, green onion, and chopped cilantro will take it over the top.
- Baked Eggs in Avocados: From healthy fats, to fiber, to protein, this easy breakfast is brilliant from a nutrition standpoint!
- Best Green Smoothie: When you need to add a nutritious, creamy element to your smoothies, don’t forget about avocados!
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado: Your usual avocado toast gets a healthy makeover with sweet potato toast! You can top it with smoked salmon and cucumber or this savory spinach and prosciutto combo. Either way, don’t forget a poached egg on top.
Sneak In Avocado For Dinner!
Don’t forget about avocado for dinner! Because what’s better than a bite of buttery avocado with your favorite comfort foods like chilis, meaty tacos, and all the grain bowls?
Sprinkle diced avocado onto bowls of chilis and stews. Between a classic beef chili, , hearty vegetarian chili, or a taco soup, diced avocados add a subtle yet delicious creamy element to these ultra comforting meals.
Needless to say, avocados should be a part of your daily routine! So if you give any of these avocado recipes a try, I’d love to hear what you think in a comment below!
30+ Avocado Recipes to Enjoy
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the thinly sliced tomatoes to a large plate or serving platter.
- Layer the sliced onions on top.
- Then add the sliced avocado and chopped parsley.
- Finish with a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, before serving.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.